Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Currently Playing and a few New Additions

Phew. I am still playing Final Fantasy XII. I am beginning to seriously doubt that this game is real. Perhaps I'm stuck in my own personal video game purgatory where I must do never ending hunting side-quests and travel almost exclusively on foot through an enormous world. Maybe this is my punishment for actually sort of liking Final Fantasy X-2.

Relax, I said sort of.

Anyway, I am making progress. I think I am starting to near the end because the plot is picking up. And, by 'picking up,' I mean where the story usually negins to fall apart because they are running out of game to properly develop the third act.

In completely unrelated news, I have numerous new additions to my collection. Part of me is psyched about this (because most of my new games are awesome), but my more rational half tells me that this just puts me deeper into my never-ending black hole of a backlog.

Who cares, bring on the awesomeness!

My newest additions:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
. I was lucky enough to find this brand new and for super cheap at my local abandoned warehouse... um, I mean K-Mart. Seriously, didn't K-Mart declare bankruptcy, what a decade ago?

Carrier Aces. I picked this up on a whim at a sketchy basement used DVD/game store. After having tried it, I can firmly say that it sucks. I can also say that this is the kind of game that I would have deemed 'awesome' when I was eight, despite taking thirteen weekends worth of renting to finally get the hang of the control scheme.

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. I'm not very fond of fighting games. In fact, the last fighting game I really played a lot of was Killer Instinct. But, BlazBlue has all the right stuff to attract me to a game: kick ass art style, 2-D sprite based graphics, awesome backgrounds, enough of a story to keep it interesting, and lots of pretty explosions.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
. Hell yes. It's about time I rounded up a copy of this. I've wanted to play this ever since someone described it as being 'sort of like Super Metroid.' Anything that remotely resembles Metroid is cool by me. I can't wait to fire up this little beauty.

Demon's Souls. I've wanted this for a while now, but never enough to actually shell out the cash. Fortunately, the girlfriend paid attention to my longing gazes at Target and gave it to me for Valentine's Day. Score! I definitely think she got the raw end of the deal... I got her Scribblenauts.

No comments:

Post a Comment