Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just Beat: Final Fantasy XII

You know those people who like to brag about the marathon they just ran? The same people who are overweight and a doctor would advise against them running any distance over a mile without medical supervision? Yeah, those people, they didn’t run anything. They waddled, walked, and rested their way through 26.2 miles. They don’t have anything really to be proud of, except that they showed up on race day and simply survived 26.2 miles.

That’s how I feel right now, nothing to be proud of, no one cares that I beat the Hell Wyrm and Yiazmat, but it won’t stop me from bragging to all my friends that I waddled, walked, and rested my way through Final Fantasy XII.

I didn’t beat Final Fantasy XII, I endured it.

But, now that the deed is done what are my Final Thoughts?

Popular opinion damns Final Fantasy XII as a departure from the series and if you've listened at all to any of my rants, you might be inclined to believe that I agree. However, I don’t spend over 100 hours playing through the sidequests of a game I hate. I believe that XII is a very solid entry into the franchise and hell, it's way better than X (which I despise). My final verdict is that I would definitely play it again, and for me, that’s saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment