Sunday, July 25, 2010

Shooting in the Dark

Destructoid recently posted a job opening for a paid internship for a video game reviewer. Each applicant is required to make a short 1 minute video about a new game he loved or hated, or on a recent video game topic posted on Destructoid.

Despite high chances of being the one video that the good folks at Destructoid use as the example of what not to do, I decided to enter. I fully expect that I am not they type of person they are looking for.

Because of my non-existent chance of even being considered for the job, I took a bit of artistic liberty with the video requirements and decided to give a little rant about something that has been on my mind for a while.

Since E-3 there have been some journalists praising Bungie for making Halo: Reach cross genre with the inclusion of a Space Combat section. Check out the (shoddy) video here.

Unfortunately, one minute is not nearly long enough for my rambling self to fit in everything I wanted to say on the topic. For example: is the rest of humanity's Armed Forces entirely incompetent? I mean seriously, do we really need a Spartan to do everything? Wouldn't there be, I don't know, PILOTS to do this sort of job. Additionally, do you really expect me to believe that Spartans somehow know how to fly a Space Fighter? That's not something you exactly 'just pick up on' during a weekend class. That's the equivalent of a modern day Navy Seal knowing how to pilot the freaking Space Shuttle.

Just like riding a bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment