Saturday, July 10, 2010

Catching Up

Holy Nuts have I been super busy with a bunch of nonsense the past few weeks. But, some free time finally opened up this weekend, so I can get a few updates on what I’ve been up to.

Let’s start off with the Halo LAN party I went to. Or as I have come to call it: Halo 3: Noob Nooberson gets Pwned. Unfortunately a bunch of the people who were going to show up were simply too intimidated by my FPS prowess, so they bailed. Ultimately we ended up playing 2 on 2 - first to 50 kills. Below are my stats for each of the 5 rounds that we played. Go ahead and bask in my undeniable dominance.

Round 1
Map: Valhalla
Kills: 11
Deaths: 25

Round 2
Map: Snow Bound
Kills: 7
Deaths: 31

Round 3
Map: High Ground
Kills 10
Deaths: 24

Round 4
Map: Epitaph
Kills: 13
Deaths: 34

Round 5
Map: Pit
Kills: 15
Deaths: 29

Pretty ugly, huh. Seriously, the most kills Noob Nooberson had was 15? That's just sad. The really amazing thing was how incredibly awesome my teammate was. We won two rounds and only lost the other three by one or two kills. Now take a look again at my above stats and imagine how kickass he was to overcome such a horrible partner and accomplish that.

Despite being unable to aim, I was able to help my teammate in other ways. By positioning myself in the open and then spewing a steady stream of smack talk, insults, and questions of manhood at my opponents, I was continually able to lure them in to the open to slaughter me. Meanwhile, my teammate was hiding nearby to then come in for the kill. You’d be surprised how long it took the opposing team to figure out that we were doing the same trick over and over. Sure they would kill me, but my partner would usually get two kills on them.

Next Up, I have a few New Acquisitions.

I fell hard into an advertising trap the other day. I saw that Amazon had Final Fantasy XIII for pretty cheap on a ‘one day only’ deal. Deciding that this was the lowest I would see FF XIII for a quite a while, I decided to go for it. And, 'click' it goes into the cart. Well, while I'm here, I might as well check out some other things as well... So, I also ended up buy the Gradius Collection (PSP), Gradius III/IV (PS2), and Metal Slug Anthology (PSP).

Additionally, I recently picked Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and Puzzle Quest for PSP; Suikoden III and Persona 4 for PS2; Castles of Shikigami III for Wii (so cheap it was almost free).

Oh, and I also got a second copy of R-Type Final, so I can just leave it upstairs at the TV and PS2 by my bed. Yeah, I’m a loser, I own multiple copies of my favorite games so I don’t have to walk downstairs to get them if I want to play them on my TV upstairs.

Should have some stuff up on Ogre Tactics soon. I’m pretty sure I’m nearing the end and I think I may have a lot to say about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment