Monday, March 22, 2010

Currently Playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune


A quick word on Spoilers. Because no one ever reads this blog and because I play games that have been out almost long enough to start using ‘scores’ as a unit of measure, I don’t think I am going to mark spoilers. Deal with it.

Granted, Indiana Jones: Drake’s Fortune hasn’t been out for a super long time, but with the sequel making such a huge splash last year, I feel either most people already played the first, or will ignore it in favor of its newer, more critically acclaimed brother.

As I near the end, I am completely sold on how great this game is. I love the story, the voice acting is top notch, the climbing mechanic is fun, and the visuals are fantastic. But, what really sold me was the inclusion of Nazi Zombies.

That's right. Nazi Zombies.

I’m really glad that the former occupants of the Nazi Sub Base left so much ammunition laying around for me to use to wholesale slaughter their Zombified remains.

Seriously, all of a sudden this game turned survival horror on me, I didn’t see that coming. I knew that I would end up fighting something of the super natural variety, that much was hinted from the beginning, but I never expected something as awesome as Nazi Zombies!

As of now, I'm routinely getting my ass handed to me as I try to get the power back on in the derelict Nazi Base. But, I will prevail. I will show those Nazis who's boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment